Friday, July 25, 2014

I am back!

Wow, it has been an embarrassingly long time since my last post!  I am going to try to get back on the ball here!  I am gearing up for the new school year.  I have moved to 2nd grade this year, which was always my dream!!  I have been working hard on my new classroom and getting materials prepared for my new adventure.  I have an awesome team and I am beyond excited to get this year started!

I have created a BUNCH of new Teachers Pay Teachers products!  Since I live in Florida, and we are opting out of Common Core, my materials are currently geared toward the Math and Language Arts Florida Standards.  I am considering going in and fixing small details about my standards checklists and the growth matrix I made so that it will appeal to a larger audience.  Honestly, the only real differences is in the numbering and maybe the wording of about 4 standards.

I really want to show some of the awesome things I came up with last year, but just didn't seem to find time to share.  I created the CUTEST candy themed bulletin board in October to go along with my "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" book study (and halloween)! 


Simpson's Sweets!  I made up those character trait wheels with
spaces for pictures and written descriptions.
These sweet candies are paper places from Walmart, iridescent 
cello wrap from Hobby Lobby and some ribbon.
The lollipop kids were a bit harder.  For the sticks, I painted
wooden dowel rods white and then rolled them in glitter.

 For Dr. Seuss, we read "Oh the Places You'll Go", wrote about our goals for the future, and CREATED PAPER MACHE HOT AIR BALLOONS!  With the help of a throw away plastic table cloth, the mess was minimal and the finished products looked AWESOME hanging from the classroom ceiling!  Plus, I painted a science project board to look like a basket and rigged up a hot air balloon photo booth!



My homemade photo booth.  The kids had fun with it.




Those are the two biggies that stand out in my mind as the most fun and whimsical projects we completed.

I'll be back soon with pictures of my NEW classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment