Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

 The time span from September 1st to about January 8th is my favorite stretch of the year!  I simply adore everything about fall, it's probably what I miss most from up north.  (Aside from my family, obviously!)  Winter is my favorite Florida time of the year.  I laugh at my family who have to shovel driveways, scrape windows and need to get all bundled up to go outside.  Right smack dab in the middle of the best month of the year is my BIRTHDAY!!!  October 15th just sounds like a great day.  I'll post a classroom update another day, this one is for me!

To celebrate, my best friends and I went to Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights.  We had such a fun time!  The next day we hung out around Orlando, drove through Celebration and went to Downtown Disney.  We went on the 6th to avoid the rush of people closer to actual Halloween.  My brother and I made the mistake of going right before Halloween last year and had to wait in very long lines and only got into about half of the houses.  We made it into all of them this year and didn't wait in too many lines!


A picture I took of my calendar today!  Even though it was a work day and we didn't have kids, I HAD to change the date!  Like I said, best day EVER! 

My 4th grade team gave me a balloon!  It was a great surprise when I came back from a meeting at a different school!  Thanks ladies
The holidays are more magical at Disney World!  I would love to own one of these Mickey O Lanterns.  Any idea where I can get one?? Wait until I post pictures of Christmas at Disney!  Magical!  

The day after going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios, my friends and I drove through Celebration, Florida.  They were having Oktoberfest.  Look at this amazing house decoration we found!  Phenomenal!  
 This year, since I have 44 kids and not the usual 22, I have decided not to make or buy cupcakes... Too much work and a waste of money.  Instead, I have opted to make them cake balls!  (None of my children have food allergies, so don't worry about that!)  I first baked a funfetti cake in a 13" x 9" pan.  Once it cooled a bit, I mixed it all up with half a can of frosting.  Then, I rolled it up into about 1" balls.  I let them set in the refrigerator overnight and tonight I dipped them in white almond bark.  They are a little messy looking, but I'm sure they will taste just fine!





 

I hope everybody is having as great of an October as I am!  Only a month to go until the House of Mouse deems it appropriate to decorate for Christmas, and I follow right along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment