Sunday, July 22, 2012

Looking Back

I'm currently trying to figure out how I want to setup my classroom this year.  I have been looking at pictures of my room the way it was last year to figure out what I liked and what didn't work so well.  Last year all of our classrooms were self-contained.  I taught all of the core subjects.  This year, however, we are going to departmentalize 4th and 5th grade classes.  I will be teaching Writing and Math to two groups of students.  Another teacher will be responsible for Reading and Science/Social Studies.  (There are three additional 4th grade classes that will departmentalize among themselves.)

This presents numerous organization and management issues that I still need to iron out.  This year is going to be very different than my prior two years of teaching, but I love the sense of adventure and the new challenges this may present.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of my classroom from last year!

This is the original view from my desk on the night of Open House.  

This is the third seating arrangement I tried.  I really liked this setup and plan on starting the year off this way!

The view from my door.

Student paper center.  Their In Progress Pockets and mailboxes.

My Book Nook.  This was my favorite part of my classroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment