Monday, July 23, 2012

Setup Day 1

Well, I didn't get as much accomplished today as I had hoped I would.  (Happens a lot I guess, but I enjoyed catching up with some of my co-workers who were also working in their rooms!)  With the help of our wonderful Custodial staff, I was able to get the bulk of my furniture in place.  I am still thinking about how I want the desks arranged for the start of the year.  This year, I have decided to put a kidney table next to my teacher desk.  This way, I can work with my small groups and be able to use my computer at the same time.

Here are some pictures of my room when I first walked in this morning and right before I left this afternoon.
Let me know what you think.


What I originally walked into.  They had recently finished waxing all of the floors and today was the first day of arranging furniture.  I am glad I was able to get a true 'before' picture!

Looking toward my desk from my Book Nook.
  
Looking across from the corner by the window.  The two tables in the foreground are not suppose to be in there.

One of my favorite and least favorite aspects of my room.  LOVE all of the storage space, but do not love the lack of bulletin board space.  It just means I have to get creative and take advantage of the cabinet doors!

My corner of the room!

I am very lucky to be in a district that puts a lot of emphasis on technology in the classroom!  We all have document cameras and some type of interactive device. (SMART Board, SMART Slate or Mobi.)  I have a SMART Slate but would love to get a SMART Board one day!

I'm not really sure what to do with that table right now.  It was next to my desk where the kidney table is now.  I want to make a writing center out of it, but don't really know where to put it yet.  Any ideas? 

Book Nook... Coming Soon!

You can't see too well in this picture, but a nasty storm was rolling in.  This was about the time I decided to head home.  I still had to stop at a couple stores to get a couple school things.

So, this is where my room stands as of now.  I managed to put up my bulletin board outside of my room, but I forgot to snap a picture of it.  I'll post more pictures of my progress and some new projects I'm going to be working on tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I like the placement of the kidney table next to your desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it really opens up my work area. It seems bigger than last year!

      Delete
  2. I tried subscribing to this by email and it hasn't seemed to work. I, too, think the kidney table is a great idea to have by your desk. Are you going to carry some of your decorations over from last year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on keeping most of what I used last year. I am doing a lot more organizing than actual decorating at the moment. I made the mistake of making my room pretty at the beginning of the year, rather than making it well organized. I am determined to do that the other way around this time! :o)

      Delete