Sunday, August 12, 2012

First 3 Days

Sorry I haven't been updating this as often as I would like.  I am not really sure what I did, but Friday morning right before my students were due to arrive, I had a shooting pain up my back and down my leg.  I must have pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve or something.  I spent some of my Saturday sitting on my couch with a heating pad on my back coloring some signs to hang in my classroom.  I found the original images at Technology Rocks, Seriously!  There are a lot of really inspirational sayings on that site and I chose my favorites.  We aren't allowed to just use the color printer at school for anything, and rather than wait for permission to print, I just printed my own, very washed out, copies and colored them myself.  I think coloring is a very relaxing activity, I don't care if I am 27 years old!  LoL







During the first 3 days of school, we talked about rules and expectations.  I am sharing some pictures of our SOAR expectations.  At my school we use SOAR (Safe, Outstanding Citizen, Active Learner, Respectful) to reinforce rules and expectations throughout all the different environments at school.  I had the students work in collaborative pairs to come up with examples of each letter.  In the close-up of one of the Respectful examples you will notice an apple on my desk.  I have received 2 so far this year!






This one made me laugh.  I love my hands on my hips!
This is a prompt I did with my homeroom class the first day of school.
It begins "School is a Breeze When..." Then we turned them
into bright windsocks to hang around our classroom.
The first week went by so quickly!  I am so excited to get into the books and do some actual lessons.  Last week I had the students write an expository and a narrative prompt to see where they are and what I need to work on.  I think this is going to be a wonderful year!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. That drawing is funny. Blah, blah, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really nice! I had the "THINK" one on my fridge for awhile this summer. I think I'll print out a couple of the ones you showed to rotate through on the fridge door. Nice job! Hope your back feels better. Try alternating moist heat and ice. Like a hot bath, then 20 minutes of ice.

    ReplyDelete