Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a Week

I think it's safe to say, I am not yet back on a normal sleep schedule!  What a week this has been!  I have been going in to work on my room, but Wednesday was the first day teachers had to report for duty.  We had a staff meeting in the morning and then were able to work on setting up our rooms and meet with our teams.

I have been really bad about updating this, and I apologize for that.  I have spent so much time visiting old friends and helping some new staff members that I haven't done too much work in my own classroom.  Tomorrow evening is our Meet the Teacher night.  It's a pretty relaxed and informal meeting, but I still get butterflies because it's the first time I'll meet my new kiddos and their parents.

Monday and Tuesday will be more professional development days.  Wednesday is going to be the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! I can't believe it.  It comes so quickly.  I'm going to try and get my lesson plan template updated tomorrow so I can start filling it in.  I'll post pictures of my entire finished room tomorrow and let you know how Open House was!  Wish me luck!!

I framed this example of different ways kids can write their spelling or vocab words.

I share a LOT with my students... My smelly markers are not something I'm willing to share!  Love these!

The flowers on my desk are actually pens, wrapped in floral tape with flowers stuck in the end.  I filled a small vase with whole coffee beans.  It smells good and hopefully will prevent me from losing my pens so much.

I have a bunch of USB devices to plug in, so I HAD to buy this cute octopus to use as extra ports.  

I used M.O.O.S.E. binders with my kids last year to keep them organized.  This year I'm changing it to O.W.L.S. because they are way cuter!  

I'm not going to be using my mailboxes this year, since I have 2 classes.  Instead, I'm using this smaller section to store construction paper so I don't have to get it for the kids every time they need it!

Computer area!

This is an idea I stole from my amazing cooperating teacher during my final student teaching.  Cuts down on them asking what they can do if they finish their work early.



My book nook.  I'm going to be taking the Thinking Stems down once instruction starts and replacing that area of the room with a Writing Word Wall.

Dry-erase multiplication quizzes. 
 
Multiplication flash cards.  I printed these cards out on different colored paper and hung them from small hooks inside a 3" binder.  So simple and inexpensive.  I saw something similar at LakeShore for a LOT more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment